Morris County Charge Defense
With Offices in Parsippany, Wayne & Basking Ridge
Even for a first offense or a small amount of drugs, you face serious penalties if convicted, including possible jail and license suspension. For more serious drug crimes, a mandatory prison sentence is a real possibility. Avoiding the worst consequences requires swift and sharp-minded legal representation.
The Law Offices of Gregg A. Wisotsky offers aggressive advocacy for all levels of drug crimes. As a drug crime defense lawyers, we have represented clients in Morris County and throughout New Jersey. Call immediately at 973-898-0161.
Experience in Drug Crimes & CDS Offenses
In more than 25 years as criminal defense trial attorneys, we have handled the full range of drug charges:
- Possession (marijuana, cocaine, heroin, prescription narcotics)
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Possession in a motor vehicle
- Drug trafficking
- Drug-related weapons charges
- Prescription drug charges
Controlled Dangerous Substance (CDS) offenses cannot be taken lightly. Intent to distribute is frequently charged based on the quantity of drugs, and carries substantial jail or prison time. Possession in a motor vehicle can result in a two-year license suspension. A criminal record for any drug offense can interfere with employment, education and other opportunities.
We understand the seriousness of these crimes and what a conviction means for you now and in the future. We provide aggressive criminal defense designed to obtain the best possible outcome. We do not judge our clients, but rather, give them the zealous representation they are entitled to by law.
Avoiding Conviction or Incarceration
We have succeeded in getting many clients into diversion programs that limit the impact of a drug arrest:
- In municipal court, drug crime offenders may qualify for conditional discharge. This means if you are qualified for such a disposition, the case is eventually dismissed if you stay out of trouble for a stated period of time. Contact us today to see if you are eligible for a conditional discharge of your drug charges in municipal court.
- In superior court (indictable CDS offenses), first-time offenders may qualify for pre-trial intervention (PTI), which also results in the dismissal of charges.
- Those with prior convictions for drugs or non-violent crimes may qualify for drug court. There will still be a criminal record, but prison is averted.
We make sure our clients understand all of their rights and obligations attached to these programs (treatment, probation, random urine tests and fines) to avoid landing back in court.
Prepared to Fight for You
If you do not qualify for a diversionary program, the facts of your case will determine our options. We will represent you zealously to negotiate a plea that minimizes your jail or prison sentence. We prepare every case for trial to defend you on the evidence, or lack thereof, from the charges that have been filed against you. By preparing all our cases as though we are going to trial, we also enable ourselves to negotiate a favorable disposition for our clients, if that is the more prudent course of action.
Contact us to discuss your case. We meet clients at our law offices in Parsippany and Wayne, and meet with them in the county jail if they are currently incarcerated.
We provide skilled representation to people charged with criminal acts in Morris County, Passaic County & Somerset County. We have offices in Parsippany, Wayne & Basking Ridge, New Jersey.