The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission annually reports on those items that cause the most injuries to consumers. Here are a few of the most dangerous products on the market, items that could get you seriously injured or killed.
- Playground equipment — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that nearly 250,000 people (mostly children) suffer some type of injury on swings, slides and other playground equipment every year, and more than10 die from their injuries.
- Power tools — Approximately 200,000 people are hurt by power saws, nail guns and other power tools every year and more than 30 are killed.
- Pools and hot tubs — More than 500 people die every year from drowning or other injuries sustained in a pool or hot tub. Officials say hypothermia is also a serious risk.
- Household chemicals — Paint, fertilizer and cleaning products are the primary culprits here, causing an average of 66 deaths a year.
- All-terrain vehicles — Nearly 200 people are killed on three- and four-wheelers every year, most of them under the age of 18.
- Beds — Safety officials say that more than 400,000 people are hurt in bed-related accidents every year. An additional 274 people die in bed-related accidents.
- Rugs, carpet or other types of flooring—An astonishing number of people — nearly 1,000 — die in accidents every year caused by dangerous or defective flooring. Almost 1 million are
At the law offices of Gregg A. Wisotsky, Esq., Partner, Javerbaum Wurgaft Hicks Kahn Wikstrom & Sinins, PC, we offer a free phone consultation to every prospective client. For a complimentary evaluation of your case, contact our office online or call us at 973-898-0161. We will come to your home or the hospital to meet with you, if necessary. All major credit cards are accepted.